• In Greek Mythology, the moon represents fertility and regeneration. Women wishing to conceive would pray to the moon goddess Selene to help them bring new life into the world.
• In Chinese philosophy the moon is the yin to the sun’s yang, showing how the female moon and the male sun can perfectly balance each other despite being opposites.
• The moon influences us in many ways, from the tides it creates to the emotions we feel. A full moon is thought to boost creativity, energy levels and positivity.
• The waning moon phase (when the moon is moving towards a new moon) encourages us to focus on removing the negative energy from our lives as the moon appears to get smaller.
The moon necklace is an illuminating talisman that is perfect for every day. Here’s why it’s our necklace of choice for daily inspiration…
• It represents female empowerment!
• A great way to celebrate the inspirational women in your life.
• You can say “I love you to the moon and back” with this thoughtful gift.
• The moon is often referred to as ‘Mother Moon’ and is a symbol of new life… the perfect talisman for a new arrival!
• A moon is a reminder to go with your intuition and follow your dreams.
• A thoughtful message that brings loved ones closer together… “No matter where you are, you will always be looking at the same moon as I am.”
• Then add 2-3 small pendant necklaces on either a 16″ or 18″ chains.
• Complete the look by adding the larger pendants on a 20″ or 26″ long chain.
The Meaning Behind The Moon Necklace
We explain the deeper meaning behind our moon jewellery and discover why it’s so popular! We will also show you the different ways to style our moon necklaces so that you can make your own personal jewellery statement.
The Muru Team