We use your personal data to provide a personalised service and send you relevant products and offers that we think you’ll love! We gather this information in the following ways:
- When you use our online services and place an order
- When you register with or subscribe to murujewellery.com
- When you interact with us on social media or digital advertising
- When you sign up for competitions or special offers
WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED?
We may collect and store information that includes, but is not limited to, the following information about you:
* Title * Your Name * Delivery & Billing Address * Phone Number * E-mail Address (Collectively ‘Your Personal Data’).
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
‘Your Personal Data’ enables us to provide the following;
- A personalised service on our site and the ability to send you relevant information on our products and services.
- For Marketing purposes such as competitions, sales promotions, or marketing events, etc.
- If you do not wish for us to use ‘Your Personal Data' for marketing purposes, please either:
- Click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in one of our emails or
- Contact our Customer Service Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then remove you from our Marketing database.
We will never collect personal data about you without your explicit consent. We will retain the data until the time at which you decide to ‘unsubscribe’ (as above). Muru will also conduct an annual review of all data held by the company and will remove any data that is no longer needed.
You can check the information that we hold about you by e-mailing us at email@example.com or by writing to us at Muru, Unit 109 Screenworks, 22 Highbury Grove, London, N5 2EF. We will provide this information within 30 calendar days of receipt of the information request. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them promptly. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
Muru will neither sell your personal data to third parties nor market it elsewhere. The employees of Muru are duty-bound to respect the confidentiality of your data and abide by the UK’s Jewellery Retail Codes of Conduct.
If you wish to discuss the personal data we hold about you or make a complaint, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance in order that we can investigate thoroughly. Should you find our response unsatisfactory, you can make a formal complaint with the Information Commissioners Office by calling 0303 123 1113.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and is kept for only so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is used.
If your personal details change or if you have any queries about how we use your personal data, please notify us by emailing our Customer Service team at email@example.com or by writing to us at Muru, Unit 109 Screenworks, 22 Highbury Grove, London, N5 2EF
AUTOMATICALLY RECORDED INFORMATION
When you access our website, general non-personal information (Internet browser used, number of visits, average time spent on site, pages viewed) is recorded automatically (not as part of website maintenance). This information is used to gauge our website's appeal and to improve its content and functionality. Your data is not processed any further nor is it transmitted to any third parties.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a cookie internet file, a small file that is sent by our web server to your computer, which we can access when you make return visits to our website.
FACEBOOK CUSTOM AUDIENCE ADVERTS
We may display internet-based ads to you whilst using Facebook and Instagram through a tool called Custom Audiences. This tool allows us to personalize our ads based on your shopping experience with us. We do not share any of your personal information (including your shopping history) with Facebook. This tool converts your email address into a unique number that Facebook uses to match to unique numbers that Facebook generates from email addresses of its users.
We may pass your email address to our third-party partner Reviews.co.uk for the purpose of gaining customer feedback for our products and service.
To process an order, we need your credit/debit card number and expiry date, plus any security details that the credit card processor may require. Muru employs trusted and reputable third-party hosting agents and payment providers to ensure the security of personal data. All credit card details that are given to us by you the customer are done so on a secure server hosted by Shopify. The transfer of the purchase details from our site to any third party payment gateways are encapsulated using their encrypted and digitally-signed protocol. This uses a combination of standard methods to ensure that the information passed is secure and tamper-proof. Please note, we do not store any financial information from you.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree. Cookies allow us to recognise that you have visited our website before and remember your preferences. Cookies can help us to remember your website login so that you don't need to type it into the website every time you return, or to remember the goods that you have clicked to purchase on one page so that they are added to your basket. Cookies also help us to collect information about the way you use our website which helps us to ensure any advertising that you see is relevant and useful to you.
Our website uses 31 cookies. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and to improve our website. We are required by law to provide you with clear and comprehensive information about the cookies that we use and if this page does not answer all of your queries you should contact us. Our cookies do not store information which could be used to identify you personally, such as your contact details. We use the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality Cookies These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting Cookies These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
3RD PARTY SERVICES
In particular we use…
META / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM
Our website utilises the Facebook Pixel for measuring the performance of areas of our website and to allow remarketing services for products, and so you may be sent cookies for this service. For more information visit https://www.facebook.com/privacy/policies/cookies/?entry_point=cookie_policy_redirect&entry=0
Non-personal information used to track a visitors route through the website. This is used to find at which point customers have abandoned the checkout process and is used to improve the website. You can read more information on the cookies used by Google Analytics uses on its information page https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
HOW DO I BLOCK COOKIES
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website. Precisely how cookies are blocked will depend upon the browser that you use. If you would like further information please contact us.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I DISABLE COOKIES?
If you choose to disable access to cookies on your browser you will not be able to login, register or purchase from this website.